Wireless Bridge

Reaction score
Ok So I am trying to set up a wireless bridge to get the Internet to the shop/barn so I can use my laptop.

I purchased a Super Pass 2.4GHz 15dBi directional panel antenna, V-pol

The person at the store told me to hook it up this way.

@ Home
Internet in to my D-link DIR-625 router

Barn/Shop
Super Pass Antenna to the linksys wrt54g
Then attach the linksys wrt54g to any other wireless router and I should get a signal wirelessly in the barn

Guess what??? It doesn't work :Shouting:

Ok so I have read a few more details about this on the web
And to say the least I am no computer wiz

So it looks as though I have gotten myself in to some major IT stuff. Oh god help us all.

All right so I think I need to put the linksys in to bridge mode and all should be good.

But all I can find and read on the net is how to do this with the typical PC garbage can anyone here walk me through this or point me in the right direction. Or maybe I am going about this the entire wrong way.

Any help will do

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I hope this does not make your head ache too much! They say the Linksys WRT54G has to have the DD-WRT Open Source firmware for it to work as a Wireless Bridge. Check this URL and see if makes any sense to you.

DD-WRT Tutorial 3: Building a Wireless Bridge

They say this firmware has the options you need.

TheIndividual's Sveasoft WRT54G Firmwares

Good luck!

PS, I did this a long time ago now using the Sveasoft Firmware and it did work.

If you give up get rid of the WRT54G and purchase a Wireless Bridge.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.