Losing Airport Connection

Reaction score
I searched the forums a number of times over the past few weeks to try and solve a problem where the connection between my Powerbook and wireless would suddenly be lost and impossible to recover by restarting etc. Tried most of the suggestions without success, but I have now found the cause of the problem and just in case it has not been covered before, I will explain.

We have a wireless transmitter on the DVD recorder which sends the picture and sound to a tv in another room. This is not on all the time, but sometimes gets left on and forgotten about. When this transmitter is on and the PB placed in a certain position, the Airport can somehow get switched off by the transmitter. This is not instant and sometimes the Airport connection might be working OK for a couple of hours, before the connection is lost. Hope this helps and saves someone a lot of time and possible expense!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.