tripods

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
whats a good tripod brand to by for a beginner photographer such as myself. i need one that is under 19" when all closed up?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
I use a dynex tripod, it was very cheap but what the ****.... it does the job. If you don't mind spending money, go with bogen.

OP
macwannabe
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
I use a dynex tripod, it was very cheap but what the ****.... it does the job. If you don't mind spending money, go with bogen.

hahaha funny you speak of dynex, i work for best buy and dynex is a best buy brand. i would never buy a best buy brand product. but you say it is good huh?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
hahaha funny you speak of dynex, i work for best buy and dynex is a best buy brand. i would never buy a best buy brand product. but you say it is good huh?

Yep. It keeps the camera steady. You don't need a built in TV with your tripod.

Reaction score
I also have the dynex tripod from best buys. yes it is a cheep tripod but it dose work. Mine is in the water a lot so I didn't want to but an expensive one. If your shooting around the yard or for landscape shots its fine. I even used it a couple of times to hold a laser level at work.

OP
macwannabe
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
awesome then.. i get dynex for crazy cheap prices.. since i am an employee it is 5% over what cost is and b/c it is a Best Buy brand it will probably be like 10 bucks... lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Retina, iPhone, iPad Air, wife's iMac, iPad Retina & MacBook
Depends on the weight and size of your photo gear (camera and lenses if you have SLR). Got a 'cheap' one as a present. Did not work for my camera, as it could not hold it in 'trickier' positions, so I traded it in. Get something better (usually = more expensive), like Manfrotto, if you plan to get more serious.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.