macbook pro noob user

Reaction score
hi every1 this is my fist post on the forums and my first mac

i have always used windows desktop pcs but decided i wanted a laptop instead so bought the new unibody 17" macbook pro and i love it so far

my first question is as im used to using windows when i have always reinstalled an os in the past i have always fully reformated the drive then reinstalled

how does mac work i got 2 disks with the macbook do i just run the main disk or do i have to wipe the drive first ?

reason i ask is i tried to install xp with bootcamp and this didnt work as i now know i cant use a service pack 1 disk since then i have used paralell and sucsefully installed xp within mac but now i want to wipe the whole thing and get a fresh start also i dont use a printer so i dont need any printer drivers or anything installed

so do i just whack the disk in or sumhow reformat if i want a fresh os on there also when i had the xp disk in i noticed a few different small partitions on the drive do i need these?

B&O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.
Only in very rare situations do you have to fully reinstall your OS X. Why do you want to reinstall everything? Do you just want to remove the bootcamp installation attempt?

OP
N
Reaction score
yeah i just wanna make sure i aint left nothing there plus i dont need all the printer drivers n stuff so there all a waste of space if u get me and half the stuf that came installed i dont need either but mainly i just wanna make sure its right before i move everything over from my desktop for good

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.