• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple "mini" stores: Big breakthrough, or big mistake?

OP
I

iDVFH.

I don't even care if I have one of them..I just want an Apple store here on Staten Island. We don't even have an Authorized re-Seller..only iPods, airports, and protection plans are sold in places like BestBuy & Circuit City..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
DV'SiBOOKG4 said:
I don't even care if I have one of them..I just want an Apple store here on Staten Island. We don't even have an Authorized re-Seller..only iPods, airports, and protection plans are sold in places like BestBuy & Circuit City..

I doubt they will put one on SI when they have one at roosevelt field and one in soho

OP
M

MichaelSullivan

DV'SiBOOKG4 said:

Out here, only Comp-USA and Apple Store have anything Apple related. That said, Comp-USA has a whole Apple portion of the store, and they sell everything, and employ someone from Apple to work that section and answer questions. Gotta tell ya, I was really dissapointed in the Apple store here in Colorado, the attendants didn't even know the differences between the bluetooth versions... thats just lame.

OP
S

serrot

MichaelSullivan said:
Out here, only Comp-USA and Apple Store have anything Apple related. That said, Comp-USA has a whole Apple portion of the store, and they sell everything, and employ someone from Apple to work that section and answer questions. Gotta tell ya, I was really dissapointed in the Apple store here in Colorado, the attendants didn't even know the differences between the bluetooth versions... thats just lame.

really? hmm

i havent been to the apple store in colorado yet, i figured i'd go out during spring break next week (i'm in nj for school right now). the one in cherry creek, right?
i've wandered around the apple section of compusa, nothin too serious since i've gotten my ibook though.

--caro

OP
I

iDVFH.

I know they probable won't but where there are Apple stores..I see more and more like 3 are in like a 25 mile radius..why? lol

OP
J

jbsengineer

MichaelSullivan said:
http://www.ifoapplestore.com/rants/rant11.html

interesting read on these new stores. Based on this article, and the photo... I'd avoid these like the plague. Anyone in CA, USA visited one of these?

Hey Mike,

I'm up in Syracuse, NY and the closest Apple retail store I think is maybe 3 hours away. But anyway we've had CompUSA in our mall up here selling Apple stuff for many years. Come a few months ago we finally got a Apple "Mini" store. I must say it is nice in my opinion. Never actually been in a "Retail" store before. But our "mini" store in the mall (Carusel Mall) does very well business. It's bright, different, and clean cut. Sure stands out from all the other stores in the mall. I always see a constant flow of people and business. I really think the store does very well. Attracts some people just because of the brightness. There like drawn in...

As the rant stated having a "mini" store 1300 feet away from an actual store is just sad. But having a nice bright sexy Apple store in Syracuse is a pleasure, :) when you have nothing else but silly CompUSA. BTW, I've never seen them use the customer cash out thing... Just sits in the wall and looks pretty....

Has anyone else had a good experience in a Mini Store?

Josh

OP
M

MichaelSullivan

Josh, interesting. Good to know that some of the mini stores are working for apple. I guess I just too discriminating. I want a full fledged store to walk into.

Caro, Yeah cherry creek mall. I walked in there with specs on 15" powerbooks, bluetooth, and airport extreme base stations... and they were baffled. Here I was asking questions like an informed consumer, and they couldn't even tell me which models had bluetooth2 (the 1.5GHz + models do). Its a really nice store, and you can sample just about anything Apple, but the people working there don't know their stuff.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
I live in Colorado as well, but I live in the Springs. There is a CompUSA here, but the Apple rep there is a moron also, she doenst really know the products. Its the only place I can go to browse at products, unless I go to an Apple store in Denver, which I do plan on.

OP
M

MichaelSullivan

Yeah, CompUSA is really sad... but it is at least a place to get the hands on feel of the powerbooks. I drive down to the springs on sat mornings for a class.... 55 minutes from highlands ranch. Still, even though I haven't found really good luck in the apple store, its really good for demonstrating all the hardware. There is just something about being able to pick up a powerbook that really elicits your senses in a way that seeing it trapped down in a lockbar can't do. (CompUSA style)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.