Has anyone tried the new ipod shuffle controls?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" 2.16 Dual Core.
Has anyone tried the new ipod shuffle controls?

I really want to get the new ipod shuffle to use it while I run and workout, however I was wondering if the shuffle controls on the earphones wouldn't get in the way - cause if it's to heavy it could be swinging from side to side while I run.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone X, Watch 3, '18 MBP w/touchbar, '17 iPad Pro 10.5
I have had my little shuffle for 4 days now. I have to say, so far so good. Te controls on the headphone wire takes a little getting used to, but overall pretty easy to use. It is barely noticeable. I run 5-6 miles daily with it and it may swing a little more than normal headphone wires, but to be honest, if it does, it is not enough to notice. I haven't noticed at least. They take some getting used to, but actually once you get the hang of it, 2 quick presses to go forward, 3 quick to go back, etc... it's pretty easy.

Reaction score
jaster - how are the ear phones? Do they fit snugly and not come out or do you find yourself constantly putting them back in?

Reaction score
I'd like to know too. I've noticed my in-ear headphones getting very oily when they're in my ears for more than 15 mins. This causes them to keep coming out. I wish they made headphones that stay in your ears regardless, like earplugs.

Reaction score
I think in the states you guys call them cuetips?

(sorry!)

OP
gimperdaniel
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I ended u buying the ipod shuffle. And the controls are tiny, it doesn't get in the way as I thought it could. Thanks!

Reaction score
any comments on the ear phones and their ability to stay in your ears?

OP
gimperdaniel
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The ear plugs are just fine, not any better than the originals.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.53GHz
I heard that you can't use different ear bugs either because of the controls. Is this true?

Reaction score
i *think* you can but you lose the controls which kinds defeats the point. I guess we will see 3rd party controls soon.

I have found for me, the ear phones decent enough and they for the most stay in during a workout.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
i *think* you can but you lose the controls which kinds defeats the point. I guess we will see 3rd party controls soon.

I have found for me, the ear phones decent enough and they for the most stay in during a workout.

As I understand it, Apple is working on an adapter that will allow you to use whatever ear phones you like.

Reaction score
Hey, is that earphone working with my ipod touch? It looks good and it will be perfect if I can control volume on earphone without taking out my ipod from pocket.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.