invisible items

Reaction score
hi. recently I've been copying vast amount of data from one NTFS drive, to another NTFS drive. both had been used under OSX (running paragon NTFS driver software) without any problems. then I decided that I need to do it properly and format one of them in HFS. I copied the data from first to second (under windows xp), then did format it under OSX and copied data back. until that point, everything seems to be perfect. I didn't loose any data, nothing seemed bad. then I was trying to open some logic sessions and to my astonishment all the files had "invisible" status on. it means that I can not see them. the question is: how to change their status from "hidden/invisible" to visible one (with lots of files being stored inside sessions folders) ? thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
by invisible you mean they are in the .filename format? you can just copy the file and just specify a name without the dot

just do:
cp .hidenfile hidenfile

then you can just delete the hidden

Edit,
that is from the terminal :)

Reaction score
by invisible you mean they are in the .filename format? you can just copy the file and just specify a name without the dot

just do:
cp .hidenfile hidenfile

then you can just delete the hidden

Edit,
that is from the terminal :)
Or better yet, just delete them from Terminal:
rm .hiddenfile

Unless the user created them, they are most likely useless.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
well if you don't need them, I was under the impression that you need the files lol

OP
C
Reaction score
heh ... your impression was correct mate. the ones that supposed to be invisible (i.e. .filenames) are invisible. apart from that, the ones that I NEED are invisible as well. the trick is to uninvisify ( :D ) these ones. any ideas ?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.