Mouse Pad Is Fading Just Got It

Reaction score
So, I just got my MacBook Pro last wk & I've noticed if I look at my mouse pad closely in the light it has a little faded spot. I was wondering if this is normal? Also if anyone can recommend where or if I can get a mouse pad cover to prevent it getting worse.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Do you have the new unibody MBP with the glass-like track pad? It shouldn't show any discoloration or fading being that new. It probably doesn't effect the way the pad functions, but when you pay that much for a new machine I can understand your concern.

I'm not sure you can just cover the track pad, however, skin like covers are available for the entire keyboard and pad. I don't know if you would want to do that though. You might want to take your MBP back to where you purchased it and show it to them. If it's some kind of defect, they'll either replace the track pad or maybe just swap the machine for a new one.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.