Fresh XP SP3 install, Bootcamp 2.0

Reaction score
Hi,

I think it's ridiculous that Apple made the Bootcamp 2.1 upgrade a .exe Windows file...seeing that I bought Windows XP SP3 full (not an upgrade). I'm supposed to install 2.1 BEFORE SP3 but that's impossible with my situation.

Should I Install SP3, install 2.1, uninstall SP3, reinstall SP3?

Only reason why I want Windows on my Mac is for games (Lineage 2 & FFXI).

I tried VMware Fusion and that = horrible. Uninstalled!

PLEASE HELP ME. MY WINDOWS ARRIVES TOMORROW! :'(

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You can install XP SP3 without installing Boot Camp 2.1 first. Once you have XP SP3 up and running on a Boot Camp partition using Boot Camp 2.0, download the Boot Camp 2.1 exe file from Apple and install it while Windows is running.

Regards.

OP
M
Reaction score
See that is perfect, I just don't know why Apple stresses the fact that you need to install 2.1 before SP3 so much. Thank you for relieving my stress.

Reaction score
What they mean (but don't say clearly), is that if you ALREADY HAVE SP2 INSTALLED UNDER BOOTCAMP, download and install BC 2.1 before installing the SP3 update. You don't need it to install SP3 initially, as mentioned above.

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Retina MacBook Pro, 2.8GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD
was wondering the same thing myself.

thanks

Reaction score
Thank you!

Thank you very much! I was starting to worry that there was some big problem and that I would have to rollback to XP SP2!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.