multiple iPods, one mac

Reaction score
can anyone recommend an app to allow use of multiple ipods on a single mac? i know that the intent of itunes was not to allow unauthorized sharing, but i actually own all 3 of the ipods in question...

whenever i try to use the 2 not currently set up as the default ipod, itunes tries to reformat them.

is there a good app that will allow me to transfer from one to the other (or to the library) without having to reformat?

OP
T
Reaction score
can anyone recommend an app to allow use of multiple ipods on a single mac? i know that the intent of itunes was not to allow unauthorized sharing, but i actually own all 3 of the ipods in question...

whenever i try to use the 2 not currently set up as the default ipod, itunes tries to reformat them.

is there a good app that will allow me to transfer from one to the other (or to the library) without having to reformat?

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
I use 3 iPods on one machine without issue. Push and hold the option key, and then launch iTunes and will will get the pop up to choose a library or create one. Just create new libraries for the 2 other iPods and you will be all set. To use that library just hold the option key on iTunes startup and choose the appropriate library for the iPod you want to work with.

Reaction score
I am afraid that such kind of things is not at all possible. But however for that you can call apple customer care executives and seek for their advice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I use 3 + my iPhone. Just cancel when iTunes wants reformat and the iPod should mount in iTunes just fine.

As for transferring the content, that would be against the forum rules. All of the content should already be on your computer, right?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13inch 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook Version 10.5.6
I agree with baggss. just hit cancel. I have 4 ipods and a iphone and have never had a problem with using them on my computer. now plugging them into different computers might require some additional software.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
To add to my previous post, I use the 3 iPods with my iBook as well. The iPhone is a different story.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I use a previous gen 30 GB, one of the new 16 GB nano's (it takes the new enhanced audible files that can't be put on the 30GB) along with both my wife's and my iPhone, all managed on my MBP.

(I have not tried installing any of the apps on both phones.)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.