iMac G4 - Ram upgrade questions

Reaction score
Hi, i have a iMac g4 thats been sitting around for a while and i decided it was about time to get some more ram in the bad boy. It has a 1ghz powerpc g4 chip in it.

i did a bit of research and came across this ram from newegg.com
Newegg.com - iRam 512MB PC133 Memory For Apple Desktop Model IR512M133SD
it seems to be what i want but i was hoping someone here would be able to tell if i was dead on, or sorely mistaken. Thanks for your time and let me know if you need any additional information on my system.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core 2 Duo 1.83 ghz
that is the wrong kind..

You need PC2700, not PC133 for the iMac G4. It looks kinda short, like laptop ram. thanks.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
i did a bit of research and came across this ram from newegg.com
Newegg.com - iRam 512MB PC133 Memory For Apple Desktop Model IR512M133SD
it seems to be what i want but i was hoping someone here would be able to tell if i was dead on, or sorely mistaken.

Go to Find the latest Performance Upgrades, Firewire and USB Hard Drives, SATA, Memory, Laptop Battery, and more at OWC

They have a really good system for identifying the ram you need, and they have really good prices as well.

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core 2 Duo 1.83 ghz
that memory will definitely work, and yes your computer will run 10.5 just fine (with the exception of some things on the dashboard.)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.