RAM Purchases

H

hokiethang

Where would be the best place to buy some ram for my Powerbook? I have been wanting to upgrade it to 1GB of ram for a while, and have been looking around at some prices. I figured id ask some of the veterans of where they get their mac upgrades? thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
I buy my ram from Memory Bay. They have great prices, and have a pretty good site for finding what you are looking for. They are also in the process of rolling out a new Mac site, which is cool.

For a comparison of price, I bought 256MB of RAM at Best Buy for the same price as 512MB at MemoryX. Which, of course, I'll be returning when I get my delivery from MemoryX :)

Just checked out their site, and their new site is up. It's at http://www.welovemacs.com. They sell more than RAM now :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
I got my 512's at 18004memory.com for a great price.. might want to check them out along with everyone else's recomendations

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Murlyn said:
I got my 512's at 18004memory.com for a great price.. might want to check them out along with everyone else's recomendations

I purchase my additional memory from the same place. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
I bought mine from MacSolutions.com. They had good prices, good service, and a guarantee that their memory had been tested/found compatible with the latest Apple Firmware (which I was concerned about). Overall, I'm very happy with them, and I wouldn't hesitate to from MacSolutions again in the future.

OP
O

oo_mac_oo

Padawan said:
I bought mine from MacSolutions.com. They had good prices, good service, and a guarantee that their memory had been tested/found compatible with the latest Apple Firmware (which I was concerned about). Overall, I'm very happy with them, and I wouldn't hesitate to from MacSolutions again in the future.

anyone here in asia pacific ? WHERE TO BUY KINGSTON DDR SODIMM ???

OP
B

brody

speaking of adding RAM...is it hard to install? my powerbook is still in the mail, so i haven't been able to look at one and see how accessible the memory slots are.

OP
H

hokiethang

brody said:
speaking of adding RAM...is it hard to install? my powerbook is still in the mail, so i haven't been able to look at one and see how accessible the memory slots are.

not sure about the new ones, but the old one had two little latches on the keyboard and the ram was right under there, so it was literally less than 2 minutes to install ram, if you had to find a little screwdriver to unlock the keyboard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.