1st Gen Macbook Ram

Reaction score
I have a 1st gen macbook, 2ghz intel core duo with 1gb of ram. I want to know how high I can upgrade the ram on this machine. Its been 3 years now and I'm in need of the ram. Im guessing i have 2 512mb cards in there, so would i be able to top out the machine with 2, 1gb cards?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Check with the folks at Crucial. Go to their web site and choose your model MacBook and they'll tell you which memory will work and how much you can use. Off hand, I believe your machine can accept up to 3 Gb, but I may be wrong so be sure to check with Crucial.

Memory upgrades, flash media, and usb storage at Crucial.com

Regards.

Reaction score
I have the same machine here next to me. It'll take two 1GB DDR2 SO-DIMMs. Look for 667MHz, PC2-5300 or PC2-5400.

OP
GinoLicious
Reaction score
I was going to then ask would this be beneficial for my machine even though I look to upgrade my Mac in a few more years, but after reviewing the price, I have no complaints at a 2gb kit at about $30.

Reaction score
Exactly. You might even be able to sell your current memory for $5-10, making the deal even more attractive.

It's not the latest MacBook on the block, but it's still a good machine. I use it every day for work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.