10.4.11 Killed imac g3

Reaction score
I had to install 10.4.11 to open iTunes and download newer versions of safari, I didn't expect it to kill my imac g3. I finished installing the updates and I restarted it. Then when it came on a black box appeared that said please restart your computer in 50 languages. It told me hold down the power button which I did and when I rebooted it got stuck on the loading wheel bellow the apple for 20 minutes then the system restarted by itself and the login screen came on. I logged in but in my desktop the menu bar on top didn't load the dock didn't and neither did any icons. I could move my mouse and change the sound level from my keyboard, but I don't know what to do this is my first mac and I really need help!!!!:Oops:

Okay thanks for all the responses. I fixed it so I figured if anyone else has this problem I will go ahead and tell people how to fix it.

1. Boot up into safe made (to do this push the power button and hold down shift until the screen comes up with the gray apple and THE SPINNING WHEEL is at the bottom). PS it takes a long time to boot into safe mode on a g3 so be patient!!!
2. Restart it and your it should be fixed!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.