Migrating iBook G4 to Intel Macbook: orphaned processes

Reaction score
I purchased a new Macbook to replace my failing (kernel panic) 2005 iBook G4. In the interest of keeping the MB clean and avoiding PPC/Intel conflicts, I decided not to migrate my apps over. (I dropped MS Office in favor of iWork and have reinstalled my other apps from the factory discs.)

Today I opened my iStat widget and noticed that the GarageSaleHelper was not only running, but sucking up 78% of my CPU. I confirmed it with Activity Monitor. I didn't migrate GarageSale, but /Library/Application Support got migrated and Helper got loaded on startup. I went into Application Support and deleted the GarageSale folder, and noticed a lot of other orphaned folders from apps I no longer have. Who knows what mysterious processes are still running, independent of their absent apps?

Is there an approved method for uninstalling everything when you delete an app? An uninstaller would be nice... Also, am I OK to just delete the orphaned App Support folders?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.