Problem switching between apps

Reaction score
Hey

I am running on OSX 10.4.11 and my mini has a hard time switching between apps (usually Safari, iTunes, and Word). It slows down (crawls, go get a sandwich and come back) and at times freezes. I have run virus scans and Clean My Mac and this hasn't alleviated the problem. Ideas?

If you need it:
Processor: 1.66 GHz
Memory: 512 MB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

I also have an issue where sometimes my computer doesnt boot up, I hit the power button and the light flashes. Is this related?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I am running on OSX 10.4.11 and my mini has a hard time switching between apps (usually Safari, iTunes, and Word). It slows down (crawls, go get a sandwich and come back) and at times freezes. I have run virus scans and Clean My Mac and this hasn't alleviated the problem. Ideas?
Yes.
This is a big part of the problem:
Memory: 512 MB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
I would suggest bumping your RAM to at least 1 GB to make things a little smoother.

mgbrophy said:
I also have an issue where sometimes my computer doesnt boot up, I hit the power button and the light flashes. Is this related?
Hard to say. If you have a defective RAM stick, it could be... but that doesn't seem very likely.

Take a look at this thread for some helpful suggestions that might alleviate some of your issues: http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/os-x-operating-system/93819-basic-os-x-mac-troubleshooting.html

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
iTunes is a hungry app, with only half a gig of ram, it is bound to be slow :) sry to say ...

Reaction score
Hi,
first at all sorry for my english, i'm Italian :)

check if uor ram sticks work properly: apple---> info about this mac--->more info---->Memory(under hardware).

1 Have u ever tryed to "repair permissions"?
Fixing permission uor Mac would be faster
2 Otherwise try to "Verify disco", and if it needs repair it (if does'nt work, u should boot uor mac using tiger cd and choosing "utility disco")

at the end u can even try to delete free space of the Macintosh HD using Utiliy disco app.

Talking about memory Ram, i suggest u to upgrade to 2 Gb at least (in italy a 2x 1Gb 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM would cost not more than 40/45 euro)
I made it to my intel core solo mini.....amazing! Do it by uorself...very easy, u can find many tutorials searching the web.

antivirus? u don't need it.....it would just make uor mac slower
Clenmymac is a good app, but not very useful...

Bye

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.