Is there a way to get Mac to view/edit an exchange server calendar?

Reaction score
I am the network admin at a mixed environment. Because we are running Windows servers, we have exchange as well. Anyway, we have a shared calendar that all our PC users can edit with Outlook and book the conference room for meetings and such.

I would like Mac users to be able to view this calendar as well and book meetings in the room. Is there a way to get this done?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
I dont think even entourage can do that, least not at my work where the macs cannot see shared calendars

The up and coming 10.6 Snow Leopard is going to have better exchange support so expect to see calendar support in iCal

Hang on I may be wrong - going to give this a go at work tomorrow

[1266] Opening a shared calendar in Entourage 2004/2008 - Help Desk

OP
M
Reaction score
thanx I will have to try that out later. Right now I am at my company computer, remoted into my home pc, which I have Mac OSX running in a virtual machine. So things are very slow moving, lol. I hope it works though. As long as they are able to create appointments I will be happy.

Reaction score
Yes, the Exchange 2007 support in snow leopard is pretty good.

But I'm also stuck at the same place: My own account syncs flawlessly, but how can I open other users' shared calendars? NOT delegations, shared calendars?

Who got this working? is this an omission? or a bug? Or something only outlook/entourage can do?

Reaction score
>Shared calendars do work, (I have got it working at work) as long as you are >all using the same exchange server and have allowed other users access
Yes it does with Entourage.

How do I get it working with iCal and Addressbook?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.