Mac-compatible Head-sets (Skype)

U

umijin

OK... I can't figure out what headsets will work with a late model G4 Powerbook or any other Mac. Part of the problem is communication in Japanese (I'm in Japan) and part is that these sales people don't know jack about macs.

I'd like to use Skype, so if anyone can tell me a brand of headset (audiojacks, usb, bluetooth) that will work with a Mac - I'd appreciate it.

-Curt

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
I would think that any USB or Bluetooth-compatible headset would work.

PowerBooks have line-in, not a microphone jack. If you get a headset with a microphone plug, get a Griffin iMic USB microphone adapter, and plug the microphone connector into that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
I bought the Plantronics DSP-500 Headset and it works awesome with my mac and Skype

OP
M

monstermac

umijin said:
OK... I can't figure out what headsets will work with a late model G4 Powerbook or any other Mac. Part of the problem is communication in Japanese (I'm in Japan) and part is that these sales people don't know jack about macs.

I'd like to use Skype, so if anyone can tell me a brand of headset (audiojacks, usb, bluetooth) that will work with a Mac - I'd appreciate it.

-Curt

exactly I have just bought the plantronics m2500 and whilst the mic part works I can only hear the other person via the speakers on my powerbook. the other end can hear me but not very well. works very well with my nokia phone...but really got it for skype. if you find a wireless headset that works please post !

monster

Reaction score
Okay guys,

Ive got yhe Jabra bt500. It paired without any problem. I cant get it workin with the skype o r anything, even though is paired. I open the audio section in the system preferences to configure my input and output device, but the headset is not shown there.

Any advice?

Reaction score
At Last!!

Hi, I tested with a Jabra headset and it didnt work.

Ive reciently got the Motorola HS820 and It worked perfectly!!!

Finaly an answer.... I used it with skype and worked great! also good for itunes, poor quality for music though.

Cheers lads...

OP
B

Badger

The Sony Playstation 2 USB headset works fine. It's made by Logitech (even has the name on it) and costs from $15 (Amazon Canada) to around $35 C$ depending on the source. The only drawback I've found is that it has a long cord.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I have a Jabra bluetooth headset that works great with my iMac.

OP
M

Maxplayer14

You people who actually got headsets to work. What OS Version are you running and are you using dongle or buit in BT? I have not been able to get my Mini running 10.4.4 with built in BT to recognize several headsets. Including the HS850 which other people report it as working fine. I wish the Mac Store and Apple would officially support a headset that works.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)
Erm 2006 called, It wouldnt mind its thread back :|

~~ TS ~~

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.