Cannot find "/Library/Keyboard Layouts" in Leopard

Reaction score
Greetings all,

I apologize if this query has been posted before. I am trying to install an Urdu font on my MacBook and am following the instructions provided on this page. When I go to my finder and key in "/Library/Keyboard Layouts," nothing is found, and I am unable to proceed.

This problem did not exist when I had Tiger, and I am actually considering going back to Tiger should a solution not arise.

Any advice?

Cheers,
PG

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
Open finder > User > Library > Keyboard layouts.
S.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Actually you need to do the download, follow the install directions and go to System Preferences>International>Input Menu and follow as download directions advise.

OP
P
Reaction score
OK. I download the file and unzip it. Do I drag the fonts to the font folder? Whenever I search for a folder entitled "keyboard shortcuts," nothing shows up...

Thanks for your help thus far.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
OK. I download the file and unzip it. Do I drag the fonts to the font folder? Whenever I search for a folder entitled "keyboard shortcuts," nothing shows up...

Thanks for your help thus far.

1. There is no Keyboard Shortcuts folder. Put them in the folder it says to move them to.

1. Click here to download the Zip archive file UrduPhonetic.zip.
2. Click on the downloaded Zip file to unzip it, getting the keyboard layout file UrduPhonetic.keylayout and the icon file UrduPhonetic.icns.
3. Move both these files to the folder /Library/Keyboard Layouts.

2. Finder will not necessarily show system folders. You want a folder, just navigate to it. Open Finder, click on your user name, then Library, then you'll find the folder you need.

We can't make it any easier than the directions they've already provided.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.