Alternative MP3 player

G

Garrett

Any other options besides iTunes. I don't like all the resources iTunes takes up, does WinAmp make a program similar to WinAmp for Mac? MacAmp maybe, or something like that?

Thanks!

--Garrett

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Nope no MacAmp (WinAmp I believe is discontinued now anyway), I mean if you're just looking for something to play MP3s, Quicktime can do that. As for organizing into playlists, etc. you'll find nothing better than iTunes.

OP
M

meltbanana314

Just wait til you get more RAM, then iTunes won't seem like such a hog.

OP
G

Garrett

Okay, more RAM next payday. Next question, my keychain, it has problems. It won't hold a password. Is there anyway to do a hard reset on the keychain. It won't save passwords at all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
On my system, at least, iTunes is taking up far less memory than Safari, Mail, and the Finder, and only 1-2MB more than iCal and iChat. I usually have all of these running, all the time.

(Safari, at the moment, is hogging over 130MB. It's got a well-known memory leak. Any minute now, I'm switching to Firefox.)

Assuming you have enough memory, iTunes shouldn't stand out as a resource hog. If you don't have enough, you'll be hurting no matter which music player you use.

OP
G

Garrett

What about my keychain problem? Any ideas? I keep having to re-enter the same stuff over and over again, any help?

--Garrett

Reaction score
Have you fixed the system permissions in disk utility at late ?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.