How? Forms with fields you can fill in before printing

Reaction score
I need to create a document with checkboxes and other fields where I can type in information, including a drop down box with numbers from 1-10 where I can select a number, and it will be displayed on the form - then print it.
Basically, it's the type of form that is usually filled in by hand, but I want to be able to type in the information.

I have a colleague who created one in Word, but I have been unable to open it in Pages, or figure out how to create my own. I can view in in PDF format, but can't fill in the fields because the PDF is not editable.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
You can do it in Word, like your friend did (View > Toolbars > Forms) but only people with Word will be able to fill them out.

You can also do it in Adobe Acrobat Pro, and anyone will be able to fill them out (using Preview, Adobe Reader, or something similar.)

Google "creating forms in word" or "creating forms in acrobat"

OP
T
Reaction score
I don't have Word on my Mac. Nor do I have Adobe Acrobat Pro. I looked at purchasing it, but it is too expensive, and the trial version is only for Windows users. I would like to find a way to create these fields in Pages, or another Mac based software program. Do you have any other suggestions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro 2017 3GHz 10-core 128GB RAM MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.3GHz i5 16GB RAM
You could do that in Excel or Numbers with some careful editing to make it look more like a proper form, I guess.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.