I know you guys see this happen too!

Reaction score
When my phones battery life gets down to like below 25% and I come up to it and unlock it, it starts searching to find the cell network....

many times it finds it then I start getting all these text messages coming in cuz my phone sits out of range.....only thing i can think of why it does this is to save battery......and ive tried three different iphones so I know its not just uique to me...

anyone else notice this?? know of a fix?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4
Me neither. Had my iPhone 3G since the week it came out, never had that problem.

Are you using OS 2.2?

Reaction score
I have iphone 3g since july and have never seen this,
didnt see it on iphone 2g either

Ronan

OP
Z
Reaction score
my phone is always up to date

the only thing common across all three phones is the sim card....should I get a new one?

OP
Z
Reaction score
think I figured it out....I have push turned off and for it to check manually for new data......when its like that theres no reason I guess for it to stay connected.....so I turned pushh back on and all is well......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Mine does this on occasion, particularly when I fly and get off the plane. It only seems to happen with texts coming from T-Mobile phones though, not AT&T or Verizon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook (Black) 2.4 GHz, 4GB Ram
I get that ocassionaly.. I've found out it's probably the 3g network.. I just turn 3g off and I start getting all my calls regardless of my batery status.. Kinda sucks if you ask me..

Try turning 3g off next time you get that problem see if it works :)

OP
Z
Reaction score
ya its not my pushnotification......cuz it's still doing it...grrrrrrrrrr

gonna try a new SIM card next

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.