Iphone 3.0 Software Update

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4 ghz 320 GB HDD 2GB DDR3 RAM - iPhone 4s 32 GB Black
Well looks like Apple are going to be releasing a new software update and this update is gonna be a big one. We will soon be getting a preview of all the new features on the new iPhone 3.0 update. They have given a sneak preview into what they will be providing with the new update and i think your all gonna be quite happy bout this ;). Well they say there is going to be over 100 new features which include,

"Search your iphone"
"CUT, COPY AND PASTE" !!! FINALY !!!! ;)
"Send photos, contacts, audio files, and location via MMS*" Woop Woop !!
"Read and compose email and text messages in landscape mode" Nice !!!

As you can see there are some fairly decent features coming !!! On their website they have a video link ready and they will be airing a presentation of the new iPhone 3.0 update. This is just a little update to let everyone know about the new update coming this summer.

Link Below ;)

I LOVE APPLE

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nMP 6-core/32Gb/D700/512Gb: rMBP 15" 2.3GHz/16Gb/512Gb: iPhone 6 128Gb: iPad Air 2 128Gb: NEC PA322U
Sounds good, thanks for the linky.

Maybe my iPhone 3G will work just as well as the HTC Touch Cruise (Windows Mobile 6 Pro) one it replaced. Well apart from the TomTom software. :(

Reaction score
Too be honest, I think I'm more excited about the devs having more power. Third party Apps are what sold me to the iPhone originally and what keep me enjoying it.

Reaction score
APPLICATION FOLDERS!!!!

I don't wanna have to jailbreak my iPhone just so I can organize my apps so I don't have to wade through pages of crap. Why are Apple so retarded?

Reaction score
ps. so people don't get confused, I'm not saying they ARE putting in App folders... I'd just like it if they did ^_^

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20in 2.4ghz
So when is this gonna be available?

Reaction score
I am peeing my pants with what the future holds for the iPhone, I've dug around for a release date but all apple have said is summer. I kinda hope apple will release a 4G iphone either just before or after they release the new software. As for the comment about tomtom apple said something about turn by turn and bring your own maps and had a image of a sat NAV like display in the presentation. I wasn't to sure about the lifescan demo I think it's tasking the iPhone into a teritory that mobile haven't really entered but itcould be sucessful. As for peer to peer game play which look awsome and the functions of that are endless Bluetooth stereo nice touch. Landscape keyboard on most native apps push alerts for things like msn meebo and I guess facebook will take that function on. Only found out about meebo after watching the presentation and I'm pretty impressed. If there's any developers or anyone who has access to the SDK pack please let us know how it's going.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.4: iPhone 3.0
i upgraded to 3.0 last week and i've been loving it so far, the only bummer i have is that MMS won't work for the 1st gen iPhone, but other then that it is awesome, i've had very little to no bugs with it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Um, since it hasn't been released yet, share with us how you got the 3.0 software?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Don't you get a 3.0 beta to install as part of the developer program?

Reaction score
so this OS 3.0 is coming between our hands this summer....will it be free? and when i upgrade, do i need to jailbreak again?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
It'll be free for iPhone users, not for iTouch owners. As for jailbreaking, yes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Um, since it hasn't been released yet, share with us how you got the 3.0 software?

Don't you get a 3.0 beta to install as part of the developer program?

yes, anybody can get the 3.0 firmware as it's on a lot of torrent websites, but you have to get your UDID registered on a Dev account in order for it to work!

if you guys have any other questions feel free to ask or pm me

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
yes, anybody can get the 3.0 firmware as it's on a lot of torrent websites
Sure you can but that doesn't make it legal.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sure you can but that doesn't make it legal.

i never said it was/wasn't....its not as easy as just downloading the torrent, i said you also have to have your UDID registered on a dev account, which i have so i didn't do anything wrong. I was just stating how you can get it as someone had asked me how

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
True, but you can download software such as Office and Adobe's CS from torrent sites but you will still eventually need a key. It's the downloading of the software that is illegal.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
True, but you can download software such as Office and Adobe's CS from torrent sites but you will still eventually need a key. It's the downloading of the software that is illegal.

i don't see it as being illegal, you gotta remember the iphone firmware is free as apposed to those programs you listed!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
i don't see it as being illegal, you gotta remember the iphone firmware is free as apposed to those programs you listed!

The iPhone software is free to developers now and to the general iPhone owning public when released. Downloading it from a torrent now is illegal and would probably violate EULA once it's released.

The question was answered fairly...

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not if you own an iTouch. Many EULAs explicitly state that redistribution is not allowed. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case here.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.