installing 10.5 over 10.4

Reaction score
Trying to upgrade my friends iBook G4 from 10.4 to 10.5, he got the install disk from ebay but when trying to install i can only get as far as language selection after that it just throws up an error message saying 'software cannot be installed on this computer'. Now as far as i can tell the iBook meets all the requirements for 10.5 but it just wont let me install.

This is driving me absoloutley crazy so any help is appreciated even if it turns out that there is no way of installing 10.5 i just need some closure to the problem!! lol

Thanks in advance,
Yorange

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66Ghz Penryn C2D iMac
Is it a retail disc or machine specific? If it's machine specific it will only install on a like machine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Is it a retail disc or machine specific?
when trying to install i can only get as far as language selection after that it just throws up an error message saying 'software cannot be installed on this computer'.
The only time you'll get that message is when you're trying to install with a machine specific disc that doesn't match the machine you're attempting to install it on.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.