Switching to OS 9

A

adoraa

I am trying to switch to OS 9 from OS X. I have gone to System pref-> Startup disk and I know the OS 9 folder should be in there to switch to but it isn't. So how can I switch to OS 9 if it doesn't appear? Yes it is installed!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
are you absolutely sure its installed? cause if it is, it should show up, unless there are major problems with the classic installation, like corruption of the os.if it is installed, can you open classic apps?

OP
A

adoraa

Yes it is definatley installed. It came with my OS X installation disk and I haven't messed around with it or anything. I can open classic apps that is fine but it still isn't showing up in the startup disk section to restart to it.

Reaction score
Some of the newer computers like my imac G5 can't boot up into OS9. What system are you running ?

Reaction score
If it's an aluminium Power book then you can't boot into OS9. A bit disappointing I know and I'm not sure why Apple have done this with their new machines but I think that it maybe has something to do with cutting down the start-up time or solving boot-up problems?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.