leopard disk can't see my hd with a working copy of tiger on it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 3,1. 2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo 6GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM Apex 120 GB SSD
I'm running 10.4.11 works fine and want to upgrade to leopard. I put the disk in and no existing partitions appear, other than external ones. I've reset my pram and no luck. the disk can't be seen in the leopard disk's disk utility either. I have repair and verified the disk.

Could an alternate solution be to install leopard on a new HDD and superduper! it over to my exsisting one? Would I get express permissions on the disk if I did this?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm assuming your machine is operating normally with Tiger installed and you can run Disk Utility from Tiger when booting with the Tiger DVD and be able to see the internal HDD? If so...

Make sure the version of Leopard you're using is the retail version (black set not a gray set), and that you are booting the machine from the Leopard DVD 1.

If the machine boots OK from the Leopard DVD, selecting Disk Utility from the top menu "Utilities" should display the internal HDD as well as any externals that are attached.

Regards.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 3,1. 2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo 6GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM Apex 120 GB SSD
I have the retail copy, and the machine boots fine from it, just doesn't see my internal nor does disk utility. The Tiger( my original) does however.

any potential solutions?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Let's try a PRAM - NVRAM reset and try again. See this Apple KB article to learn how: Link

Post back with results.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.