My Powerbooks Telling Me Lies Can You Help

B

BONE

I have a g4 17inch 1ghz laptop that seems to be telling me lies if i do a comman i to get info on the hard drive it tells me that i only have 9.02 gb available of the 55.88 gb capacity though if i open the hard drive folder the contents including 9.02 free space only account for about 30 gig so ive lost about 25 gig that i cant find ive binned 3000 photo's anything that wasnt important, run nortons disk doctor optimized the disk and still no joy

has anyone got any suggestions :eek:neye:

OP
B

BONE

BONE said:
I have a g4 17inch 1ghz laptop that seems to be telling me lies if i do a comman i to get info on the hard drive it tells me that i only have 9.02 gb available of the 55.88 gb capacity though if i open the hard drive folder the contents including 9.02 free space only account for about 30 gig so ive lost about 25 gig that i cant find ive binned 3000 photo's anything that wasnt important, run nortons disk doctor optimized the disk and still no joy

has anyone got any suggestions :eek:neye:

found this on another forum

The problem is how iShock software interacts with 10.3.8. iShock is looking for the controller, and if it is not plugged in it continually generates an error message that eventually builds up to huge GB. There are two solves: either keep your game controller plugged in at all times, or delete iSchock. Then in your GO menu, select Go To Folder and type in /var/log. you will see the offending file system.log. delete it, resart, make sure to empty trash again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I didnt read anything about ishock in the original post, so are you possibly using a swap partition on your hd if its even partitioned? have you installed any peer to peer type software such as mlmac or poisoned? the best way to find out how much space is really left, click
apple>about this mac>click more info, in system profiler, under hardware section, click ATA, your hd will be there. what os are you running? have you recently installed any new sw or hw? and please dont use norton products, itll really screw up your mac, and if it hasnt already, it will, give it time, or uninstall asap.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.