Garage Band problems

Reaction score
GarageBand is driving me crazy

Hi,

I'm in the process of trying to create my first podcast. I have used iMovie, etc., without complications before, so i am surprised at the difficulties i'm having with Garage Band.

I have over an hour of audio recording which i imported into the programme and sliced up into 'regions'. I then added some jingles and some voiceover narration, and thought it would only be a matter of an hour or so to get all the pieces into the correct order.

The problem is - and this is kind of hard to explain - the order is getting messed up all the time! I arrange about five minutes of several layers exactly as i want it, then i start working on the next five minutes, then i scroll back on the timeline and nothing is where it used to be! :Shouting:

The regions just won't stay fixed on the timeline. I must be doing something wrong. Any idea what?

Needless to say, i'm growing very desperate, so your help would be very, very much appreciated!

Thank you :)

OP
M
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm in the process of trying to create my first podcast in Garage Band.

I have over an hour of audio recording which i imported into the programme and sliced up into 'regions'. I then added some jingles and some voiceover narration, and thought it would only be a matter of an hour or so to get all the pieces into the correct order.

The problem is - and this is kind of hard to explain - the order is getting messed up all the time! I arrange about five minutes of several layers exactly as i want it, then i start working on the next five minutes, then i scroll back on the timeline and nothing is where it used to be!

The regions just won't stay fixed on the timeline. I must be doing something wrong. Any idea what?

Thank you

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.