Startup Help

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm sorry I expect you get loads of these posts everyday but I'm having trouble starting up my 1.25ghz G4 Powerbook. Basically it turns on, goes to the grey screen with the apple logo and the loading wheel, stays like that for about a minute and then powers off and restarts itself and does exactly the same thing.

Anybody know how to resolve this? At the moment I don't have any access to restore disks. Oh and the hard drive works fine, I connected it to my other mac via firewire target disk and my files etc are on their as they should be.

Thanks in advance to anybody who can help! Lee

OP
L
Reaction score
sorry, none of those steps has fixed the problem :( anybdy else have any ideas??

Reaction score
If none of those work you definitely need to get the restore disk. What's the model of the other mac its connected to?you can mount to the other mac and open disk utility from there then run repair disk and back up your data. If all else fails erase and install.

OP
L
Reaction score
The Mac its connected to is a 24-inch iMac 3.06Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM. Have tried using the install disk I got with that but it gives me the 'cannot use on this mac' message. So how do you go about installing it through target mode? Which mac should i put the cd in? Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
You will need either the discs that came with the PowerBook or a retail version of the OS

Your iMac's discs (or any other machine-specific discs) won't work on the PowerBook.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.