iphone 3G - plastic rear cover - Apple are kiddin'

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
emac, G4 laptop, G5, imac 2.4Ghz intel duo,
Hi,

I have mac laptops, 2ximacs, a g4 laptop and an emac, we use ical and I got stuck on a 2 year plan 4 mths b4 they released iphone in Australia. Well the plans ends in 2 mths time and so i am looking at a new plan and notice the back of the phone is black plastic. I couldnt believe it, checked the us apple store and its black plastic also. i wanted my new phone to feel like my ipod, to have a bit of weight about it, you know like a rolex as opposed to a Guess. There is the Apple is green recyclable argument which i will not even get into because i just wanted to have a weighty metal phone.

the black plastic rear is well a bit of a handbrake, it wont stop me but it'll just slow me up a bit.

Even my new imac is all metal, i mean my g5 came out in white plastic but that was years ago. i thought we have progressed.

Second question is well more of a question than the above statement. I do a lot of driving, can you see your location in real time on the screen as you drive up the street and does it announce turn right in a voice.

Cheers
Maxy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
In my household we have 2G and 3G iPhone. The 2G has the metal back and you know about 3g. They both are significantly weighted. I know what you mean about feeling quality. I can tell you that the black plastic doesn't feel cheap at all. I feels solid and sleek. But who knows, there may be a new model by the time your contract is up.

To your second question...
Yes you can see your location in real time as you drive but there is no automatic turn by turn directions. If you want to follow the directions you have to press next after each direction completed.

Reaction score
I actually wish the back plate of the phone was the same as the front of the iPod classic. Not only would it look awesome, but it being metal would be a plus. I love the matte gun metal look of my iPod. That being said, I have had my iPhone for 7 months now and I can tell you it feels as solid and as quality as ever. And yes, the black plastic does look nice. I wouldn't let this slow you down.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
emac, G4 laptop, G5, imac 2.4Ghz intel duo,
Thats great as i have had my navman gps for about 4 yrs i think and its not charging anymore. The real good thing is that it will get rid of the cord and the device. That'll clear up the console a bit.

Surely as the sun rises in the east and sets in the west as soon as i sign up to another 2 yr plan with the iphone they will bring out one with a metal back.

Dakineyi, we were over on the big island over xmas last year. actually needed the gps, we were staying at the marriott and should have turned left out of the airport, instead turned right and didnt realise the blue until we got to captain cook which if u r on the big island, you will know is about 20 miles the wrong way. it was good though, saw the island, and some nice lady had put out a heap of banana's with a "free" sign so my son and i hooked into them. Perfect place to go for a long relax.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.