Burning an .iso from toast to work on a mac?

Reaction score
Issue: (minus the fact I screwed up the title)

Burning an .iso for windows in Toast 10.

It's a program, but for some reason when I burn it (so far it's been burnt on both iso and as an img for pc) and when I load it into the PC it just shows the img. I attempt to open it and it loads the CD burning software on the PC.

Arrrggghh!!

What am I doing wrong?

I hate being new to computers!

Please help this n00b!

:Shouting: :Shouting: :Shouting: :Shouting:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Apologies in advance if this is teaching your old dog new tricks etc. . . .

ISO files are containers. They contain the files and structure required to create a disc. Its a disc image, a template from which 1 or more copies can be made.

I suspect what's happening is that you are copying the single ISO file to a disc. So that when you open the disc in Explorer etc the contents are just appearing as an ISO file which is associated with your burning software. This is happening because you are asking toast to create a data disc and dragging the ISO into it and burning the disc.

Again, just guessing but I suspect what you want to see on your windows machine is a list of the contents of the original ISO file.

What you need to do is Open Toast and select the option to Burn a disc from an image or burn a disc image or similar (can't remember the exact wording).
Disk Utility has this function too by the way.

If i've got the wrong end of the stick post back and I'll have another shot.

mrplow

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.