Total Newbie Needs Help

I

idibidi

Hello all. I am going to be purchasing a powerbook in the next few days.
I am getting the PB 12-Inch 1.33GHz and will be installing an extra 1GB of ram (from 4allmemory - $259...is that good?....they offer a lifetime warranty on it).

I definitely want to get airport express so this is my question:

Right now I have two PCs connected through a wired netgear router and have cable through comcast.

I want to connect to the Internet with the two PCs (wired) and also with the PB (wireless). Do I simply just plug the aiport express into the netgear router and then I am good to go, or am I showing my newbie colors and appearing to be a complete idiot?

Any information would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
You are going to want to only have one device on your network acting as a router. Since you already have a router, you will probably just want to use your Airport Express as a wireless access point, turn off all its routing functions. I have never actually used an Airport Express so I don't know how to do that exactly, but I am sure it is possible.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.