2 iPhones, 1 iMac, 2 Different Contact Lists..?

RMC

Reaction score
My wife and I share an iMac and we both have iPhones. Her contact list is much different than my contact list. Is there any way we can set up both iPhones on the same computer, but use different contact lists?

Ryan

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
A couple of ways to do it that I know of.

The first would be to log into and use separate user accounts with each iPhone.

My wife and I both sync our phones from the same user account on my Mac. (Because she can't seem to learn how to do it and she's got me to do it for her). My phone syncs with the contacts on my user account. She keeps her contact info in yahoo and I sync her phone with her yahoo account. This would still work, say if both of you used yahoo for your contacts, as you would just change the yahoo account for the phone to sync to each time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacsOSX13.6.4;10.13.6;iPhone SE2 17.3.1;SE1 15.8;iPadMini15.8;iPadAir 2 15.8
Separate accounts

A couple of ways to do it that I know of.

The first would be to log into and use separate user accounts with each iPhone.

My wife & I have separate iMacs. Is it possible to set up separate users on an iPad so that, when connected to iTunes on her iMac, her stuff will be stored separately from mine?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.