Worried About Security

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello All,
Something recently happened that has me worried about my BP's security. When I logged onto my profile I received an error message stating "Quicklookd has unexpectedly quit"
I don't know of a program by this name and when I searched my hard drive I found nothing by this name.

Is there anyone who can give me some insight as to what this might be?

Sorry I posted this in the "Anything Goes" section. I wasn't sure where else this subject would go.

Thanks
-Razz

OP
RazzLee
Reaction score
This is my third attempt at posting this thread.

If it is being removed by a moderator, please PM me the reason.
Thank you.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Has nothing to do with security, so you can stop worrying about it.

Quicklook is the Leopard feature that allows you to preview documents, pictures, etc. from within Finder without actually opening them.

FYI: Pretty much any error type messages would go into the software or OS X forums.

Now, if you continue to get this error, should probably look into that. A one time occurrence and I wouldn't worry about it.

edit: Oh, and a little more to answer your previous post on which forum to put this in: no tech support questions belong in 'Anything Goes'. Even if you're not sure where it goes, you can be sure it doesn't go here. And this is the most likely reason it's been deleted twice also.

OP
RazzLee
Reaction score
Has nothing to do with security, so you can stop worrying about it.

Quicklook is the Leopard feature that allows you to preview documents, pictures, etc. from within Finder without actually opening them.

FYI: Pretty much any error type messages would go into the software or OS X forums.

Now, if you continue to get this error, should probably look into that. A one time occurrence and I wouldn't worry about it.

edit: Oh, and a little more to answer your previous post on which forum to put this in: no tech support questions belong in 'Anything Goes'. Even if you're not sure where it goes, you can be sure it doesn't go here. And this is the most likely reason it's been deleted twice also.
Thank you very much for your help. Glad to know that the program belongs on my computer.

As for which forum to post in...If there is not a forum for tech support where would this thread go? In my experience, most forums want you to post in a section like this if you can't find an appropriate place elsewhere. Also, I moderate several forums and we move threads that are posted in the wrong section. If you don't teach people the proper way to do something they are bound to keep making the same mistake. Just a thought ;)

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
As for which forum to post in...If there is not a forum for tech support where would this thread go? In my experience, most forums want you to post in a section like this if you can't find an appropriate place elsewhere. Also, I moderate several forums and we move threads that are posted in the wrong section. If you don't teach people the proper way to do something they are bound to keep making the same mistake. Just a thought ;)

Over 90% of this forum is a tech support forum. All I can say is, that if you're a moderator at several forums, then you knew to read the announcement at the top of this forum before you posted here. I'm sorry, but you have no excuse as a "moderator" of several forums, to not do here, what you request of your members not to do there. A quick read of that announcement and your question would have been answered.

Not just anything goes in Anything Goes

OP
RazzLee
Reaction score
Actually, what I do as a moderator of these other forums is to help people. If I point out something they did wrong I immediately show them the correct procedure. I also try to do it without being a total ****ing douche bag about it. Thanks again for your help but you can keep your lesson. I won't be coming back here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
And we're done here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.