apple mail

R

Rob Chase

I'm having some issues with my apple mail. I am trying to set it up with my Gmail account, but all I get is error messages about mail not being able to verify the ssl server which is smtp.gmail.com..i checked the help files and it told me to save the certificate to the desktop and open it and then add the x.509 to it...but i dont ever get an option to do so..if anyone can help or explain to me what my problem actually is it would be much appreciated.

OP
R

Rob Chase

Thanks, but I already went through all that in the beginning. Everything is set up as gmail requires, so I am at a loss as to what the problem is.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Rob Chase said:
Thanks, but I already went through all that in the beginning. Everything is set up as gmail requires, so I am at a loss as to what the problem is.

Strange, I just set mine up for the first time and it works great both ways. Will see if I can find anymore info for you.

OP
X

xthisisRomancex

Yea it is only the outgoing server. and the only time it does it is when im at my dad's on a dial up connection.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.