Samsung 204B Monitor

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro Notebook
I have just recently brought my work place monitor(s) back home to use with my Mac Book Pro. Native resolution on the 204B is 1600x1200. Hooked it up with no problem but the monitor has about 1/2" black space on top and bottom. I figured that one out;I had the display preferences set on mirror display. However, what I want to do is utilize the the entire external monitor. How do I do this and retain the same desktop as the Mac Pro? I'm trying to wean my wife into the bigger monitor, later on I'll have it split up so I can do different things on different screens.

Thanks,
Ron Scott

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
If you have it set up to mirror, the lower resolution "wins", as you can't force the lower res screen on the MacBook Pro to the native resolution of the 204B.

Solution: Uncheck mirror, or run the MacBook Pro with the lid closed using external peripherals.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.