Macbook pro super dvd drive is not working for a weird

Reaction score
hey guys , right I'm quite confused my dvd drive will play DVD's and burns DVD's but when i put a CD in it's sounds like its having a seizure, just doesn't read it and it also gets stuck and I'm not quite sure what i should do and why it is happening i know that cd's have different compression rate but that shouldn't make a difference , any suggestions ?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Did you test with multiple CDs, or just one in particular? If a CD is scratched or dirty, the sound you're hearing is the head being moved constantly, desperately trying to read some data from the disc. It might get caught up for some time doing this before it finally gives up, giving the appearance that it's "stuck".

OP
A
Reaction score
yeah ive tryed it with many cd's and it just gets stuck and have to wait about 30 minutes b4 it spits it out and also sometimes the it doesn't even go in just spits it right out , i just can't get my head around that fact that it runs dvds and burns dvds lol

Thanks

anarchofreak

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.