Heating problems??

I

iBlinded

Its not a problem more a concern - After using the iBook for about half an hour or so it gets a bit warm on the hand rest, but its only on the left side of the mouse pad...

Is this normal or does my iBook have heating problems?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
its fairly usual for apple laptops to produce a lot of heat when theyre in continuous use.

OP
M

meltbanana314

That's how it's supposed to be. My PowerBook gets pretty toasty on the bottom when I use it for hours.

OP
W

warrenbert

That's where the hard drive rests, under the left side of the palm rest. Did you upgrade your memory? If your machine has less than 512MB of RAM, it will use the hard disk more often as virtual memory. Memory is very inexpensive and can work wonders in OSX.

OP
I

iBlinded

warrenbert said:
That's where the hard drive rests, under the left side of the palm rest. Did you upgrade your memory? If your machine has less than 512MB of RAM, it will use the hard disk more often as virtual memory. Memory is very inexpensive and can work wonders in OSX.

Its rigged with 768Mb! In runs nice and smooth! How I love my iBook! :cool:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.