Mac and Xbox 360 help (networking problem)

Reaction score
im sure all of you know that xbox 360s are notorious for being difficult to work with macs. so heres my problem:

i have a G5 desktop mac running OSx 10.4.11. its connected to a toshiba router (PCX2200) via airport. what i want to do is connect my Xbox 360 via ethernet to my mac and have it share the airport internet connection. this way i can avoid buying a wireless adapter and still use Xbox Live and if i ever upgrade my airport i won't have to worry about wireless issues either. I've found a couple tutorials. i mainly followed this one here:

Share Your Mac’s Wireless Airport Network Connection With Your XBox 360

it worked the first time around, my Xbox 360 downloaded the new experience update, etc. then a couple days later it refuses to connect and i can't join Xbox Live. my Xbox doesnt even get past the network step in the connection test.

i'm not sure what to do and i would appreciate any help, advice, or tutorials anyone could help me out with. this is highly frustrating especially since it worked once already just fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.