Connecting Mac to a Remote PC?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" Retina 5K iMac 3.2Ghz Quad 24GB RAM, 1TB HD. iPhone 11.
My wife has a PC laptop which has been set-up so that she can dial into her office and then use Remote Desktop Connection to connect to her office desktop PC and thus allow her to work from home.

The trouble is that the laptop is failing rapidly and needs to be replaced (ideally with a MacBook!) but funds do not permit it. Therefore I'm trying to set all this up for her on our iMac at home.

I've downloaded the Mac Remote Desktop Connection utility from Microsoft and that is simple to do but I'm struggling to sort out the 'dial up connection' to her office.

Our iMac is connected to our router via Airport so I need that connection to work in order to access the outside world but once it's got access to the outside world I need it to dial into a computer. I guess that this is using PPP and TCP/IP but whilst I can figure out how to do all of this on a PC my knowledge of Mac's isn't that strong when it comes to things like this so I'm not really sure where to look or what to set.

Any ideas?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.