Desiree

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
This is a nice little accident from the Strobist meet we had in MD this weekend.

I ended up firing the camera as I was bringing it down and the Vivitar didn't fire since it didn't have time to recharge so the only thing firing was a 580EX II, with a small set of barn doors on it from high and to the left.

It's got a weird angle and her foot is cut off, but with a touch of editing, I still like it.

Reaction score
Fortunate! very interesting candid-like shot. You might try to see if you can tone down the brightness on the chair that's dead center in the frame in order to draw the eye towards the woman. It might not work, but just a thought.

OP
Village Idiot
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Fortunate! very interesting candid-like shot. You might try to see if you can tone down the brightness on the chair that's dead center in the frame in order to draw the eye towards the woman. It might not work, but just a thought.

Thanks for the comment. I noticed that too. The original is a 21mp file shot in portrait orientation. I cropped it to landscape and still had some mp to play with. It's just black above and below though, nothing work viewing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
i could work on it for you if you would like Village Idiot

OP
Village Idiot
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
i could work on it for you if you would like Village Idiot

No thanks. The image is actually open on my desktop right now. I'm going to get around to it later some time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 24" Imac 2.93ghz 4gb RAM 640gb HDD GT130 GPU
Little bit of burning and you'll have yourself nice image. Love dramatic shots like this one.

OP
Village Idiot
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
How the lighting setup was supposed to look:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
How the lighting setup was supposed to look:

What was the final crop going be on this image? The back of the chair is going to be a PIA due to that radiator behind it. Personally I am digging that "opps" shot more than this one. I know you are trying to get the dress in there but it just doesn't work for me like the dramatic low key does.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That was just a test shot.

Would you mind posting up the final version of this shot when you are done with it? I am just curious as to the final look you are going for.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.