I finally made the switch, great success!

Reaction score
I obtained a Macbook 2.0ghz aluminum today, and I couldn't be more happy. It's an amazing machine both physically and in use. I love the feel of the keyboard and the trackpad is exceptional.

OS X has been great to me so far for the few hours I've fooled around without; but I know there is much more to discover because I have been using Windows machines all my life and find a new trick every few weeks, I imagine OS X will be the same way.

I'm not really "switching" per say, as I still have a Windows machine, but I will be turning it into a torrent seedbox and control it remotely from my Mac.

Tomorrow I am looking to get my hands on a DVI to HDMI cable to use with my beautiful Sharp Aquos television to use it as a monitor. Hopefully in the next month I will be able to get the Apple Wireless keyboard and a Bluetooth Mouse of some sort. A case would also be nice a long with an external hard drive. Oh, the shopping list begins.

It's good to be back.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Good to see you are loving the MacBook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nMP 6-core/32Gb/D700/512Gb: rMBP 15" 2.3GHz/16Gb/512Gb: iPhone 6 128Gb: iPad Air 2 128Gb: NEC PA322U
Its a great feeling unwrapping a brand new Mac and firing it up!

As per your Keyboard/Mouse comments, I'd highly recommend the Bluetooth Apple Aluminum keyboard - it's actually sped up my typing!

The Bluetooth Mighty Mouse though - please avoid. It gave me pain in my wrist/fingers/arm after extended use and you can't press both left & right buttons at the same time which I need for some apps. I'd recommend a Logitech mouse instead - they're all very ergonomic.

OP
Brendan
Reaction score
Exactly the plan. As I stated in my original post I will be getting the Apple Wireless Bluetooth keyboard. I also did not plan on getting the mighty mouse, as I don't like it very much.

Even the guy in the Apple store said go with Logitech. He was a great Apple tech because he wasn't pushing for us to buy products, and gave suggestions that sometimes meant not buying the Apple equivalent of an item.

He also played WoW like myself, lives about two minutes away from me, and his mom was my middle school counselor. Small world. But he and the whole environment truly made me enjoy my Apple Store experience.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.