Downloading files w/o manipulating it...

I

i2oadi2unnei2

As newbie as I can be <grin>, I'm downloading files and most of them are .zip's. It downloads to my desktop however each time I download them, it extracts the files and dumps it all to my desktop.

How do you just click the link and download the zip file as is? I'm sure this is a relatively eask task but I'm baffled, any help/comment is appreciated.

RR

OP
I

i2oadi2unnei2

i2oadi2unnei2 said:
As newbie as I can be <grin>, I'm downloading files and most of them are .zip's. It downloads to my desktop however each time I download them, it extracts the files and dumps it all to my desktop.

How do you just click the link and download the zip file as is? I'm sure this is a relatively eask task but I'm baffled, any help/comment is appreciated.

RR

Doh! Figured it out myself =P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
yes, the wonders that make up the mac os.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
so how did you do it??

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
i2oadi2unnei2 probably used control+click, then "Save link as...". You'll then want to tell the contextual box to "Save to Disk", but not "Open with".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
my guess:
Safari>preferences>general tab>unchecked open safe files after download.

Reaction score
In Safari's Preferences, under general, there is an option to automatically open safe files, you could turn that off.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.