iWeb and FTP -- Cannot make connection

Reaction score
I am new to the mac world and web design. I previously had been working on a website with joomla on my old pc, but never completely finished it. I have redone my website in iWeb, which is very simple and intuitive, but now I cannot publish it using FTP. I do not want to go the MobileMe route since I already have a domain and hosting service. Basically after I enter all of the server credentials and try a test connection, it says "Testing failed, a connection to 74.54.34.78 could not be established" That is the correct server. Another thing is, from a PC, I can log into the cpanel of my website, but I cannot from safari. I have also downloaded cyberduck, but I was unable to make a connection there as well. Any help or direction would be much appreciated. Thanks.

OP
B
Reaction score
update on this...i'm over trying to publish through iWeb, but I want to use an FTP server like Cyberduck or FileZilla to publish the folder. I've tried to connect with both of these programs, and neither will let me connect to the server. I was, however, able to connect via FTP with a PC though in the same house. I could simply transfer the folder to the PC everytime, but that defeats the purpose in my opinion. Is there a setting or something preventing me from connecting to an FTP server on my mac?

OP
B
Reaction score
yes, i used port 21...also i tried to access my work website through their server credentials and couldn't do that either.

Reaction score
Hi there is a glitch in iWeb all windows hosts do not work try getting a mac or Linux host whereas cyberduck not connecting to the server is not a common problem so I'm blank

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel MacBook White, iMac G3 Strawberry, iBook Clamshell Indigo.
I suggest you check your setup again. Make sure you didn't mis-spell the host or user name. If it doesn't work try using this.
If that still doesn't work look for a new host.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.