OSX Cant be installed

Reaction score
Hi, Tonight I tried upgrading Tiger to Leopard but it told me it could not be installed, so i picked the option to reset and go back to my regular hard drive, except that it then wouldn't go, it would just keep switching off. So I put my old installation disks back in try and make it work, this time it worked however it got as far as picking a place to install the OSX and nothing came up, i tried this a few times and everytime nothing comes up. I am not sure where to go from here as I dont want to do a reformat if I can avoid it?

Thanks

Reaction score
What are the specs on the computer you're trying to do this on? HDD size? Available space on HDD? Age? Series of computer? RAM? Type of RAM? Processor? This information will be necessary to help solve the problem.

OP
N
Reaction score
Its an Imac 2 years old, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.16GHz with one processor, 1 GB memory, 250GB Hard drive with about 68GB free

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Can you get it booted up in safe mode

(hold down the shift key at start-up)

If you can boot it up at all, you can back it up to preserve your files and set-up

OP
N
Reaction score
I just tried that and it didnt work, My files were all backed up before hand so thats not a problem, but I just wanted to avoid reformatting if I could, if that is the only way to get it working again Ill do that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
If you have a back-up then a reformat is the best thing to do, at least it will be a fresh install

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
By chance is the Leopard disc a silver grey system restore disc from another machine? These are very model specific and rarely, if ever, install on a different model.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.