Virus scanner found virus...but I can't

Reaction score
I downloaded ClamXav virus scanner, just to be on the safe side. Lo and behold, it found a bunch of viruses in "Bells To The Wall.favorite/Contents" Unfortunately, I can't find the dad blasted thing to delete them. Anyone know how to find it? I did defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles -bool true in the terminal, but I still cant find this Bells To The Wall thing. Help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Currently, there are NO viruses for Mac OS X.

Any scanner you have that finds one is scamming you in an attempt to have you believe it is actually doing more than just taking up space on your hard drive.
Even supposedly highly trusted ones like ClamXav will not find anything that harms your Mac.

Ignore what it says it found and don't worry about it.

OP
J
Reaction score
Currently, there are NO viruses for Mac OS X.

Any scanner you have that finds one is scamming you in an attempt to have you believe it is actually doing more than just taking up space on your hard drive.
Even supposedly highly trusted ones like ClamXav will not find anything that harms your Mac.

Nevertheless, couldn't it be a virus that passes itself on to my Windows using friends? And even if not, it strikes me as kind of weird that I can't find this thing anywhere...I'd just like to know how to get to it. Spotlight is no help. You were right, the final report says "No infected files were found," but just what is that Bells to the Wall thing?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Agreed with DB. If anything Virus wise is there it's a Windows Virus. What is the name of the Virus it says you have?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I'd just like to know how to get to it. Spotlight is no help. You were right, the final report says "No infected files were found," but just what is that Bells to the Wall thing?
You can't "get to it" because there is nothing to get to.
There is nothing there to find.
It is a phantom file that simply doesn't exist.

As I said:
Any scanner you have that finds one is scamming you in an attempt to have you believe it is actually doing more than just taking up space on your hard drive.....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.