Connecting to my new Time Capsule with XP, 3/4 Computers work fine

Reaction score
Good morning! Or it would be if I could get my desktop to connect to my new wireless network. All my laptops connect perfectly fine. Here is how it started:

My set up was: Cable modem with a Linksys router broadcasting a WEP encypted network to my Comaq Presario laptop with windows XP, my Dell Inspiron laptop with windows XP, and my Compaq Presario desktop with windows XP. All three connected to the internet fine, though I never could get them to see each other properly on my home network for file sharing purposes, that's another story though.

Though I have been a PC user all my life, I recently bought my wife a new MacBook Pro and some accessories to include a Time Capsule. The time capsule is a wireless hard drive and router. I replaced my old Linksys router with this time capsule and set up a new network. Pretty straight forward, I just swapped out the hardware and followed the set up guide to make it how I wanted it.

My macbook connected with no issues. I got on my dell, it saw the network immediately and connected with no issues. I got on my compaq laptop, connected with no issues. I got on my desktop and and can't for the life of me figure out why it won't connect. It sees the network but refuses to connect. No amount of restarts and repairs will fix it. I removed all network encryption and user access restrictions. Anybody that can see the network now, should be able to connect. If my desktop tells me to contact my network administrator one more time, I'll probably end up throwing it away. :Grimmace:

Please help, I am out of ideas. I know I didn't provide much technical info but since I can't imagine where the problem is, I'm not sure what info to provide. I'll be happy to answer any questions any one has as quickly as possible. Thank you in advance!

Tim

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.