hard drive making noise?

C

code777

just recently i've noticed my hard drive making a sorta clicking sound. like a double click or a spinning down noise. i have heard this before when i first bought my iBook but it seems to do it more often now. anyone else hear this w/their iBook? a guy at the apple store said he thinks its normal as other people have come in the store talking about the same noise.

i know its not the click of death its more of a spinning sound i should say. thanks

OP
D

Desolate One

Does your iBook(HDD) experience this while at rest? Ie; when you're not doing anything and just reading something on the net or whilst the screen saver on?

OP
T

tariq

my PowerBook makes those noise all the time (double-click and spin down). It's normal, but more noticeable in a very quiet environment--while at school I never hear it

OP
I

iDVFH.

yeah this completely normal he's right only in quiet areas...but one sound that's heart wrenching is when you put a CD in..when I first got my iBook I thought I had broken it.lol

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.