Macbook not recognizing wireless signal

Reaction score
My macbook is about 18 months old and I have always used it to connect to the internet through the airport connection. Suddenly yesterday while I was connected to a wireless signal it cut out and then the wireless signal was unable to be found, and none of the other 6 or 7 signals that were there could be found either. I have tried on numerous different signals and in using my fiance computer found many hot spots for numerous signals and my macbook doesn't even recognize that they are there much less connect to them. Under the airport icon on my menu bar it says airport: on and then below in gray it states No Networks Available. DId my wireless card go bad? Someone please help!!

Reaction score
I don't know how many users you have on your computer but have you tried logging in as a different user and seeing if the wireless works on there?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Yes both of those and neither work!

Offhand, I'd say that your Airport card has probably failed or is intermittent at best. Hook your machine to your router and or modem via an ethernet cable and see if everything is working OK that way. Post back.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.