OS X screwed up

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
aluminum MacBook: 2.4GHZ Core 2 Duo, 3GB DDR3 RAM, NVIDEA GeForce 9400M, 250 GB HDD (32GB for Vista)
About 2 hours ago, I rebooted by MacBook up into Vista because I found a way to change my trackpad settings (on my unibody MacBook) in Vista while I was in Fusion and wanted to see if it worked in BootCamp. I restarted my computer back into Leopard again about 30 minutes ago and for some reason, everything's screwed up. I've done NOTHING to my settings and am totally confused. I've restarted the computer over 10 times and have tried to see if anything in System Prefrences seems to be abnormal, but it all seems to be fine. It's still working enough for me to be writing this right now, but some things in the OS are just screwed up for no reason. I want to pop in my system restore discs to try reinstalling OS X, but I don't want to screw anything up. Just to clarify (since I don't want to do a single thing to harm my computer in anyway and I take care of my MacBook more than anything I've ever had in my life), do I just insert the disc that came with my computer that says "MacBook: Mac OS X Install DVD"? What will I need to do? Will it just reinstall? I have a Time Machine backup, but will everything stay on my computer? I want to do this before I go to bed, so any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!!!

Reaction score
I doubt you'll need to re-install, but you need to give more details about the problem, since nobody on this forum can actually SEE what your system is doing. "Screwed up" could describe just about anything.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.